Friday, April 4, 2008

Week One-Post #3: A Primer on E-Government


The summary section defined e-government as “automating the delivery of Government services” and I’m not sure how I feel about that statement exactly. It seems that advancements in technology are leading to extremely impersonal and formal means of communication with constituents, which are ultimately customers. It to me that this approached is almost similar to that of a ‘come and get it” mentality. Perhaps I am reading more into this statement than necessary….

I appreciated that the article outlined that there are three primary sectors of communication: government to government, government to business and government to citizen. As I have referenced in an earlier posting, the government website I utilize the most is Access Washington and it seems to have captured all the sectors of communication this article is referencing.

I thought this article was extremely practical and provided useful information. It provided a solid background of the development and implementation of e-government and the utility of the document seems endless.

No comments: