Monday, May 5, 2008

Week Six-Post #2

Technology is not Always Our Friend


Oh my goodness!! Mark recently posted a blog regarding juveniles posting incriminating evidence on the internet and boy-oh-boy; let me add that it is not simply limited to the younger generation. My generation (mid- twenties) seem to be just as ignorant when airing their dirty laundry online. Numerous times I have come across my friends/relatives/acquaintances engaging in some sort of illegal activity or inappropriate behavior and they are posting pictures, referencing situations, etc and putting that information out there for EVERYONE TO SEE!!! I believe there is relatively no right to privacy online. If an individual takes the steps to post or provide such information they should have to deal with the consequences. In an age where technology seems to be our friend, many people have become comfortable with the ability to air their dirty laundry online…but when is it too much?

No comments: